Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Last night I saw... what was my point?

Yes, I am aware I haven't blogged in a while.

I have tried to write, really I have, but I've been losing steam. I start a post and halfway through I forget my point, or realize I have no point, or just get tired of typing and log out of blogger. That used to happen to me occasionally, but now it happens every time I sit down to blog. I thought maybe it was because I didn't have much to say, but that's not true - I have lots of ideas. So what the heck is wrong with me?

Oh yeah. I have ADHD.

I am exhausted all the time. It's not the lack of sleep thing anymore - I've sorta developed a schedule. This is more mental exhaustion than physical exhaustion, and it's because I exert an extraordinary amount of mental energy trying to stay focused and on-task during the day that I am completely wiped out by the time I get home. Consequently, my brain does what it does naturally - gets bored easily, loses focus, and bounces from idea to idea. Unfortunately, it also means that I can't stay on task long enough to finish an entire blog post. I'm getting incredibly frustrated just writing these few paragraphs, and this is pretty short compared to the other stuff I've been writing.

I have a bunch of brilliant posts in progress I promise. Maybe someday I'll actually finish them...

2 comments:

  1. it's ok. we'll still be waiting to read them when you can. if it helps, i've been a little slacky this week too :)

    ReplyDelete