Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Town, USA

One of the best places in Charlotte to visit during the holidays is McAdenville, NC aka Christmas Town, USA. The entire town decorates and transforms into a Christmas light bonanza, and it's a great place to go get in the Christmas Spirit.

My husband and I went last year and were just amazed by what we saw, so we decided to visit again last Saturday night. There was a long line of cars to get into the village, but eventually we saw the first lights on the tree and knew we had made our way into Christmas Town!




Photos from Christmas Town Facebook page


We loved looking at all the beautiful lights and were amazed by how well coordinated the decorations were. It reminded me of my childhood, when my neighborhood association held a contest so the entire neighborhood went all out with decorations. We always had lines of cars driving slowly through the neighborhood, checking out the lights. Just driving home from school or swim practice put me in the Christmas Spirit.

I loved seeing all the lights of the town, and I think this will be an annual tradition for us as long as we live in Charlotte. It's amazing that such a small town in North Carolina could get together to express all this Christmas Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment