Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And this is why I don't have kids

Some of the commercials during the World Cup have been pretty good. Others, like the Hyundai commercials, have been a stretch. There's one commercial that gets at the idea of loyalty, and talks about how one family named their baby after an entire soccer team to show loyalty. It reminded me of the Nike commercial about destiny when they show Wayne Rooney scoring a goal for England, and then all the babies in the hospital being named Wayne.

In this vein, I asked my husband, "If we were to name our hypothetical baby after a soccer player, what would we name him or her?"

Without turning missing a beat, my husband replied, "Arjen." (That's Arjen Robben from the Netherlands for those who don't know).

Yep, that's why we don't have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment