Friday, April 15, 2011

Brain droppings

I was so overwhelmed by all my comments the last couple of days - yes, twelve comments is a lot of comments - that I thought "I have to write an amazing post and build on my momentum!" And of course my mind went blank and I couldn't come up with anything.

And then I realized that it didn't really matter, because really the only people who read this are my sisters and a couple of friends and who was I kidding anyway. Magically, the thoughts came back.

And now you get the scary gibberish that is my brain. You're welcome!

  • I start my new job on Monday!
  • I love the show Community, but I've realized I only really pay attention when Abed is on screen.
  • I had a personal training appointment yesterday and the trainer said his goal was to make sure I was sore tomorrow. He FAILED and that gives me a great deal of satisfaction. But that also means I have no excuse for not going to the gym. 
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 comes out on DVD today!!!!
  • I love Top Chef, but I have no use for Top Chef Masters. 
  •  I played Hungry, Hungry Hippos all by myself yesterday. And guess what? I won!!!
  • I have hit a major sports lull. The initial excitement about the beginning of baseball season has worn off, and I have a long time to wait for college basketball to start, and who knows if the NFL is going to play this year. There's still soccer though...
  • The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway may be the greatest thing ever shown on HBO.
  • My husband is going to Chile and Brazil for work next month, and I don't get to go because I have this thing called "a job." I don't know why I was so eager to go back to work.
    •  I have an attic full of Christmas decorations and exactly two decorations for Easter - a door hanging and an Easter basket. I may need to shop.
    • My in-laws are coming to visit this weekend. Give me strength...
    Have a great weekend!!!

      4 comments:

      1. Haha, you played Hungry Hungry Hippo by yourself?? Where did you even get it??

        ReplyDelete
      2. Love Abed and Top CHef Masters (but don't watch masters either). And the Hungry, Hungry Hippos thing is cracking me up!

        ReplyDelete
      3. I play monopoly by myself. A lot. The extra practice is the only way I have a shot at beating my husband. It stinks that you don't get to go to South America!!

        ReplyDelete
      4. hahaha! I just have to laugh, because those were all funny, wonderfully random thoughts. Happy working! (even though its not really that happy :)

        ReplyDelete