Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Random Milwaukee observations

1. It's been almost a month, and I haven't smelled yeast from the breweries yet.

2. Highway 100 is actually 108th Street.

3. There are no Spanish restaurants here. There are tapas places, but not authentic Spanish restaurants.

4. If I liked fish, I'd be in heaven with all the fish fry specials. Since I hate fish, I wish they'd replace a fish fry with a Spanish restaurant.

5. For a state known for its cheese, I've been very disappointed in the cheese selection in the grocery stores. Smoked mozzarella please!

6. It's still cold. It's April and it is officially Spring, but I still need a sweatshirt every day. I may need another Caribbean vacation soon. 

7. My neighborhood and local shopping area are much more diverse here than in Charlotte, and that's a good thing.

8. I can find my way around with no problem, but I can't remember where most stores are. For example, I have no idea where Michaels is, but if I'm told it's at Moorland and Bluemound Road, I have no problem finding it without my navigator.

9. I'm pretty sure I-94 near Franklin was under construction when we left Wisconsin five years ago.

10. The first time we had friends over, it was like we'd never left. This really is home.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!

    oh and you are right about that Michael's and there's also one on National just west of Hwy 100..next to home depot..in Stallis baby!

    yea, never seen smoked mozzarella either, though I don't look that much.

    you must have been inside too much hmmm...tues maybe? I could smell the breweries at our house! but that's the first time in a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #3 and agree that we totally need a good Spanish restaurant. However I HIGHLY recommend Antiqua for tapas...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE number 10. So glad you're back at HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete