Monday, April 11, 2011

Summer tease

It is a beautiful day in Milwaukee - temperatures in the 70s and generally sunny. Of course, thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon and, because of the 20-30 degree temperature swing, there is a possibility of tornadoes. Awesome. But I'll take it, bad weather and all.

I am beyond ready for summer. I am ready to put away the sweaters and sweatshirts and winter jackets, and break out the shorts and flip flops. I am ready for summer fruit and grilling. I am ready for a night at Miller Park (where the Milwaukee Brewers play) with the roof open. I am ready for the ethnic festivals, Summerfest, and the Wisconsin State Fair. I am ready for the best time of year in Milwaukee, the time of year that brings in voluntary visitors because Milwaukee is just that fun in the summer.

No more teasing, warm weather. It's time for you to move north and stay in Milwaukee. Just like me.

1 comment:

  1. AGREED!!! and I know 2 little kids that would agree too since they both said...we wish it was like yesterday today!

    ReplyDelete