Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

That title is about the only thing I have to say about today. I'm not really a Halloween person.

I like candy. I like pumpkins. I caramel apples. But somewhere between college and now, I've just lost any semblance of enthusiam for Halloween. I don't get dressed up and hit the bars for costume contests, although I did invest in an orange Happy Halloween $5 tshirt from Target this year. I buy candy, but end up eating it all because even though every year I'm told "you'll get a few trick or treaters," I never get any. I decorate for fall and not Halloween because I'm lazy and I don't want to dig out two sets of decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I hate scary movies. And as much as I love Harry Potter, I don't really associate it with Halloween.

I'm sure if I had kids or liked haunted houses or got trick or treaters or felt compelled to be a slutty nurse and pick up guys at a bar, I'd be more excited about Halloween. But for now, I live in a complex with only a few kids and none of my own, get nightmares about haunted houses, and don't need to dress up like a slutty nurse because I already have a cute husband. So I'm spending the day watching football (but sadly not my favorite team because they're playing at the same time as the Panthers), dipping sliced apples in homemade caramel dip, and thinking about how long I have to wait before I can put away the fall decorations and take out the Christmas ones.

Because I am definitely a Christmas person.

No comments:

Post a Comment