Friday, October 29, 2010

Christmas Flat Stanley

Are you familiar with Flat Stanley Projects? In short, the Flat Stanley project consists of character, Stanley, drawn on a piece of paper and then mailed to friends and family. The friends and family that receive Stanley then take pictures of Stanley having adventures in a new town, and create a brief log or journal of things that each friend did with Stanley. The Stanleys, the photos, and the journals were then sent back to the original sender and everything was compiled into a blog, website, or scrapbook.


My family decided to do a Christmas version of the Flat Stanley Project. My parents and each of my sisters (and their families) is getting a "Stanley." Each family will photograph their Stanley doing activities that help the family get into the Christmas Spirit. These photographs, along with a description of the activity and how it got the family in the Christmas spirit, will be posted to a private family blog. The idea behind this project is that through the sharing of pictures and stories, we'll still be connected during the holiday season despite being so far apart from one another. We also hope that by being intentional and reflective about activities that help us find our Christmas Spirit, and sharing our stories with each other, we will also help each other find Christmas Spirit.

Like I said, that blog is private but I'm sure I'll be cross posting some of my own adventures here, and I hope that my stories will help get you in the Christmas Spirit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment