Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sock puppets, anyone?

Today I tackled a much-needed and much-dreaded task: the sock basket. Yes, we have a laundry basket for single socks. Yes, it's full.

Sigh.

But it needed to be done. I sorted, I matched, and I realized that nobody should ever have this many socks. And when I was finished, I was left with this:

Top to Bottom: My socks, unmatched socks, Husband's socks

For the record, that's 18 pairs of socks for me and 52 pairs of socks for my husband. His drawer is stuffed and I have no intention of buying him socks ever again. Ever. I think he has enough dress socks to wear through the end of the year without needing to do laundry.

Now, what to do with the remaining socks?

I'm thinking the garbage is a great place for them, unless someone has a burning desire to make sock puppets.

1 comment:

  1. Keep them for Halloween costumes. I'm pretty sure Mom made my entire snoopy outfit out of socks one year. Socks for paws (over the hands and over the shoes) socks for ears, socks for tail...

    Or yes, please just throw them out!

    ReplyDelete