Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary

December is a favorite month for one obvious reason - CHRISTMAS! But December is also special because of my husband's birthday and also because we started dating in December - fourteen years ago today.

We met in September and quickly became friends, but it wasn't until December that we finally started dating - during finals week of our first semester of college. Great timing, right? It sure made finals memorable - in a good way!

Though I share personal thoughts on this blog, my memories of that day and my feelings as I reflect on that day feel incredibly private, so I'm not going to share any of those thoughts today. Sorry. But I will say this - I am incredibly lucky. I have a wonderful, supportive, doting man who has been by my side for fourteen years, who has loved me despite and because of my flaws, who treats me like a princess every day, and who I love very much.

Happy Anniversary, sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. i so remember your dating days at MU!! what a sweet little post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive... I always thought a wedding anniversary was hard enough to continue remembering, much less a dating anniversary!

    ReplyDelete