Friday, December 24, 2010

Sadness wrapped in gibberish

Tonight my husband and I went with his parents and sister to the Jim Brickman Holiday Concert. It was fabulous. It was a great mix of holiday music, romantic hits, and audience interaction. At least I thought so.

I have so much I want to say about the concert, and the range of emotions I felt listening to the beautiful music and lyrics, but as I sit at the computer and type, everything is clouded by an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

I want to share why I'm feeling this way, but even as I'm sitting here thinking about it, it's only making me sadder. I feel like if I blog the details, I'm going to fixate on it. And if I ever re-read the post, I'm going to remember how awful I feel right now and I don't want to remember this feeling.

So I know this a post of gibberish and not much else, but I just felt like I needed to say ... something. Hopefully a good night's sleep will be the remedy to all that ails me.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's like what Kris Kringle felt in Miracle on 34th Street when his "friends" betrayed him and said he was crazy when all he wanted to do was spread the spirit of Christmas. Why would anyone do that to Santa?? And why would anyone take such a wonderful holiday experience away from Santa Keels?? It's just not right.

    ReplyDelete