Monday, November 8, 2010

Lego Harry Potter (or "How did you do that?")

After a day of football, homework, and cleaning out the closets, my husband and I were not in the mood to go anywhere on Saturday night, but we still wanted to do something. We tossed around a few ideas of things to do, but ultimately rejected all of them. A few weeks ago, I suggested buying a Playstation3 game that my husband and I could play together, and my husband was all for it. Unfortunately, finding a game we are both interested in and that I can actually play is a lot more challenging than it may seem. My gaming skills peaked with the original Nintendo. However, after much research, I decided that I could probably manage the Lego Harry Potter game.

Saturday night we walked to Walmart to buy it. Unfortunately, we waited for more than twenty minutes for someone to open the case and then gave up and walked home, and then watched Invictus for the fourteenth time. Thank you, HBO.

However, I was still determined to get a game that we could play together, and Sunday afternoon we went to another store to buy my - I mean, our Harry Potter game. And after watching a half of awful Carolina Panther football, we decided to play the game for a little while. That little while became two hours. It's a lot of fun and completely addictive.

We paid a good chunk of change upfront, but we now have hours of entertainment ahead of us. I'm sure I'll play the game on my own, but I really like that we have something we can do together. It's fun to figure out all the tricks and the spells, and laugh hysterically when we just can't do something. It may seem silly, and it's definitely a little childish, but I'm excited to have something we can both enjoy on our lazy nights in.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you. We've tried this twice and both times have been a big fat failure. I think the problem is that he has compromised on the game so it isn't one he particularly likes to play, and I have a hard time getting into video games so I'm never the one to initiate the gaming... and therefore we now have 2 ps3 games that never get played.

    ReplyDelete