Sunday, November 7, 2010

Project needed

My husband was gone for a few days last week, traveling for work. While he was gone, I cleaned out my closet and dresser, and I created a pretty nice donation pile. I was very proud of myself because I have an unnatural attachment to clothing, particularly t-shirts. I've seen some really cool projects to make with t-shirts, but I think it'll probably lessen my chances of ending up on Hoarders one day if I just toss or donate the t-shirts that are more than ten years old. Baby steps.

Last night, my husband needed to spend some time doing homework, so I decided to clean out his closet and dresser. Though we have a huge pile for donation, cleaning out the closets didn't take nearly as long as I hoped it would. I still had time to kill, and I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how I could occupy my down time.

I enjoy reading and I just bought a couple of books to read for pleasure, but I need to find something more hands-on than reading. I need a project. I need something to keep me busy for multiple hours over an extended period of time. I need to do something.

My fall back project is scrapbooking. I have a great loft area with all my scrapbook supplies set up, and I really could spend hours working on my albums. I have hundreds of pictures that need to be sorted and cropped and put into albums. But I really want to do something else - something new. Something awesome.

I can't sew or knit, and I'm renting so I can't do anything to my home. I also don't want to spend a ton of money. And at the end of it all, I don't want to have a crafty piece of crap. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. My winter project will be some sort of grand organization for recipes. I haven't worked out the details yet, but right now I have: recipes on notecards, recipes in cookbooks, recipes written down on random pieces of paper, recipes printed out, recipes in my e-mail files, recipes in online cookbooks through some of my favorite web sites, recipes I have tried and really liked, recipes I kinda liked but need to be played with a little bit, recipes I haven't tried but sound like they would be good...

    Clearly a much-needed project! Perhaps you have a similar situation going on?

    Or, have you ever thought about making things from scratch - like bread for example? That was something I wanted to start doing last winter - I bought the "5 minutes a day" or something like that bread book. I didn't get very far, but I hoped to start it up again this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. perhaps there is a wedding project I could give you...

    ReplyDelete